Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Hitchcock quits Chatelaine

Is it true that Acting Editor Beth Hitchcock has quit Chatelaine, leaving the magazine now without an editor or an art director? Hitchcock pinch-hit after Editor Kim Pittaway quit over fundamental disagreements with Publisher Kerry Mitchell.

UPDATE: It is true. Mastheadonline got her on the phone and she said: “The last few months have been really hard,” Hitchcock says, “We’ve been understaffed, so it’s been hard shouldering that. I’ve done the best I can but…I think it’s time for me to try something new.” Her plans? “I’m now taking calls,” she joked. “I’m terrified slash excited.”

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth is awesome. I'm sure she'll land somewhere great.

8:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, that sure seems like a lot of turnover. Guess HR is earning their salaries conducting exit-interviews...wonder what they are hearing?

5:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so if i compare the current masthead online and the masthead from the march issue, it looks like the following positions either have new people or no people: exec editor, art director, managing editor, copy chief! i might be mistaken, but wow.

11:16 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home