Friday, December 12, 2008

Quote, unquote: Why Ken Whyte will miss
Time Canada

It's miserable news. I hate to see magazines closing and newspapers pulling backā€”this is my industry and I hate to see it in any way diminished. Time Canada had some terrific people on both the editorial and publishing sides and over the last couple of years we've lost all of them. It's a shame. I just hope that the US edition finds its feet and turns things around. I'm a great admirer of the brand. I've got back issues of Time from every decade of its existence in my office, and I still flip through them from time to time and steal ideas. I look forward to them rebounding so I can steal some more.
-- Maclean's editor and publisher Ken Whyte, about the impending closure of the Canadian edition of Time. From an online interview with Masthead editor Marco Ursi.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home