Monday, July 19, 2010

British association back beating the drum for magazines

The British Periodical Publishers Association has had a difficult time for about the past 18 months after the tumultuous reign of his predecessor, but with the appointment of CEO Barry McIlheney in February, that has changed. He told MediaWeek:
"When I took up this job six months ago, I asked chief executives of magazine publishing houses what they wanted me to do.
"They said they wanted me to get out there and start beating the drum again for magazines."
Mark Frith, the editor of Time Out magazine, said:
"The obvious issue here is that the PPA has had a quiet year and a half, and you don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone.
"Magazines are strong. They are not going through the same issues that newspapers are – they’re pretty resilient. I’ve never seen a stronger magazine market and we have got to start shouting about that."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home