Thursday, April 28, 2011

Quote, unquote: That sinking feeling

"It was very similar to when my parents got divorced. My parents always got along really well, and then one day my mother called me aside and I just knew what she was going to say. And this was the same thing.
"I had heard rumors about Domino, but it really was successful. Its newsstands sales were up when everyone else's were down or flat; it was growing and had all this consumer engagement. So I didn't really believe the rumors. And then Tom Wallace, who was the editorial director, called me up -- and he would call me up all the time -- but for some reason that day when he called me up it was the same thing, just a pit in my stomach. Like, 'This isn't going to be good.'"

-- Deborah Needleman, talking to mediabistro about Conde Nast's shock closure of the well-regarded Domino magazine she edited. Needleman is now editor-in-chief of the Wall Street Journal magazine.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger nicholasT said...

Just a little slip. Deborah Needleman is EIC of WSJ Magazine and NOT WSJ.

6:32 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home