Sunday, August 28, 2011

Quote, unquote: It's my magazine, my cover and my campaign

“I worked for eight years building this magazine, I did it on my own, we have no other shareholders,” said Ms. Thomson, who was a candidate in last year’s Toronto mayoral race. “I put my blood, sweat and tears into the company and I think anybody else could do the same thing, they could start a magazine.”
-- Sarah Thomson, publisher of Women's Post magazine, quoted by the Globe and Mail. She was explaining why she thought there was nothing wrong with putting herself on the cover of her magazine, and distributing it in the Tinity-Spadina riding where she is running provincially. (Her NDP opponent, incumbent MPP Rosario Marchese, expresses himself less than pleased.) The text of Thomson's thinly disguised campaign pitch is here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home