Monday, July 08, 2013

Halifax magazine editor builds a fitter self

Before
When Halifax magazine editor Trevor Adams wanted a gimmick for his January health and wellness issue, he started a project called Building a Better Editor, with the goal of trimming down 40 of his 215 pounds by Canada Day. According to his blog, when the deadline came, he had taken off 41 pounds of fat, reduced his waist size from 38 to 32 and added 7 pounds of muscle. 
"Those are delightful numbers, but even without the numbers, I know this a success. Like I said...I feel so much better. I’m at a weight I haven’t seen since Grade 10, and I’m physically fitter than I imagined possible."
After
His get-fit regime was done in collaboration with GoodLife Fitness Park Lane in Halifax and trainer Jon Ells. Adams  says he's so happy with his new self that he hopes to lose 10 more pounds by Thanksgiving and has taken up running, and even planning to do the Bluenose Marathon. A video chronicles the transformation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home