In the process of strategic planning made possible with a Flying Squad grant, BCAMP has reaffirmed its vision and mission and has embraced a brand refresh, emerging with a new look and a new marketing name. Doing business as Magazines BC, your organization hopes that it will appear more inclusive to industry partners, more memorable to the general public and more appealing to corporate sponsors.
In addition, planning is well underway for the development of a charitable arm, which we hope will allow us to draw from a larger pool of funders, and provide stability and sustainability to those key programs that provide education and advance research for our industry.All of the arts and culture groups in BC are still reeling from drastic funding cuts from the B.C. government and the intention to develop charitable status, announced in April,would result in creation of WSPER, The Western Society for Periodical Education and Research. This depends, of course on the granting of the privileged charitable status by the Canada Revenue Agency. If granted, the separate arm of Magazines BC would seek new sources of private and public funding to raise capital and operational support for BC magazines.
- BCAMP seeking charitable status ( April 7, 2010)
- Magazines urged to review new charitable fundraising rules (October 6, 2008)
- Not necessarily charitable (February 17, 2006)
- Will cultural mags be able to meet the CRA fundraising benchmarks? (July 09, 2008)
- Comment about charity status (October 31, 2005)
- Good news, maybe, we'll see (September 28, 2005)