"We are extremely proud to present the third annual Digital Publishing Awards. The work of the creators and publishers nominated this year speaks to the astounding quality of digital journalism produced here in Canada. To celebrate these innovative, hard working individuals on a national stage and beyond is a true privilege," said NMAF President Nino Di Cara.Gold, silver and honourable mention awards will be presented at the Digital Publishing Awards soirée on May 29th at One King West in Toronto, hosted by Adrian Lee, the opinions editor for Maclean's. Gold winners in most categories include a $500 cash prize. Tickets are on sale at digitalpublishingawards.ca.
- The top nominees this year are: The Globe and Mail, CBC, Hakai Magazine,Today's Parent, Chatelaine, Hazlitt, TVO.org, VICE Québec, and Winnipeg Free Press.
- Earning two nominations each are Air Canada enRoute, Canadian Art, Global News (globalnews.ca), L'actualité, Le Devoir, National Observer,Passport 2017, Sportsnet, The Deep, Toronto Life, and URBANIA.
- The 2018 Digital Publishing Leadership Award will be presented to Brodie Fenlon, senior director of daily news and bureaus for the CBC. Described by his peers as a "transformative leader" and an "incredibly positive and galvanizing force", Brodie is lauded for his remarkable achievements and generous personality. Click here to read Brodie's full biography.
- The three standout nominees for the coveted emerging excellence award, which honours an individual whose early work in Canadian digital publishing shows the highest degree of craft and promise, are: Elizabeth Melito of CBC News, Graeme Bruce of the Winnipeg Free Press, and Ishani Nath of the entertainment pillar of Rogers Media (FLARE and Hello! Canada).
- Theglobeandmail.com, The Globe and Mail
- Ledevoir.com, Le Devoir
- winnipegfreepress.com, Winnipeg Free Press
Labels: Digital Publishing Awards